Move IN and The First Week16:26:00
I really have no idea where to begin with this post. Maybe with where I am? COMMONS! I got a 3 bedroom, 6 people apartment at the Commons. For those just starting their research, The Commons is one of the older complexes, has a bus stop, and is the only complex with the washer and dryer in the apartments. I got an apartment that has been redone, so I have hardwood which is awesome! I will do an apartment tour when we are all settled in, and once I have discussed it with my roommates to make sure they're comfortable with it.
So moving in was expensive and stressful. I had to buy a dresser type thing to put my clothes in. My roommate got a closet organizer, but I knew that wouldn't be enough for me. I found it extremely useful to have a car on move in day. If you can afford it, I highly recommend looking into renting a car for the day or taking a taxi. I could not imagine being on the bus with the amount of stuff I got from my first Walmart trip. Then the next few days were all of meetings: immigrations, visa appointments, and a few others. Then we had a cast member party at Typhoon Lagoon that happens once a year. We just so happened to arrive the week it was happening! Lucky us! So our traditions was postponed to the Saturday which I was told was rather late.
- Social Security Number Appointment
- Open a Partners bank account for my tips
- Get a Florida's Drivers License
- Register my vehicle under the Florida's License at The Commons
- UNLOCK MY PHONE (do this before you leave... don't make my mistake. Try and unlock your phone MONTHS in advanced, as Rogers is saying it will take me 90 days)
- Get a phone plan